Friday 30 November 2012

turn that frown upside down!

Actually i'm quite liking this new format- does one agree?

So I've had an interesting day.
Wellll... not that interesting but the latter end of the day was quite surreal.

I like cats. I like them a lot. A lot, a lot. I have a cat called Massimo, a cat called Crosby and I did have, until today, a third cat called Stewy. Stewy was 22 years old and he was getting a little scruffy in his old age but he had this strange wise vibe around him, like a sort of aura- a feline aura. He was blind and his eyes were cloudy but they still seemed to see everything, understand everything, empathise with everything. They reminded me of of white opals- slightly iridescent and milky. Today he had to be put down because he was extremely ill and i only found out when i was on my home on the train.

I don't know if you've ever cried in a public space but it really does feel like you are in the movies- everything goes quiet and you notice people looking at you and you notice things about people that you wouldn't notice otherwise. As the tears run down your face you notice that, though crying makes perfect sense to you, everyone else is wondering what's wrong.

I was sat opposite this boy who seemed to be keeping himself to himself but i could see that he had noticed the tears. He looked sorry, as if he felt he needed to apologise to me for whatever had happened. As the train left the station he took a little piece of folded origami paper out of his bag and wrote something on it. I in turn took a piece of paper and made him a very small paper crane.

As the train drew into my stop he stood and handed me the piece of paper and i placed the crane in his hand. The piece of paper read "don't be sad. everything will be okay."

And that's all i wanted to say.
Today's life tip (As stolen from the boy on the train): "don't be sad. everything will be okay."Even stewy will be okay. Stewy won't suffer anymore and i have stopped crying. Don't worry, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment